Puyallup Real Estate
Puyallup is a charming city located in Pierce County, Washington about ten miles southeast of Tacoma and 35 miles south of Seattle. Named after the Puyallup Tribe of Native Americans, the name Puyallup means “the generous people”, and the area holds true to the meaning. If you’ve been searching for an area rich in culture and the arts, let me show you some other great reasons why you should buy in Puyallup today.
With a population around 39,000, the 14.04 square miles that makes up Puyallup is beautiful and unlike any other. Surrounded by views of Mount Rainier, the city’s oceanic climate rarely reaches above 100° and occasionally sees summer thunderstorms. The summer months are the warmest in July and August and by October, the temperatures decrease and the area begins to see more rainfall.
Popular area attractions and events include:
- Meeker Mansion – As one of Puyallup’s most historic landmarks, the Meeker Mansion is a wonderful place to visit. Owned by Ezra and Eliza Meeker, this beautifully designed home is full of intricate details and built and designed by the Meekers themselves. Today, the Meeker Mansion is run by the Puyallup Historical Society and is owned and operated to restore the preserve the history of the surrounding areas including the home itself. There are several guided and self-guided tours along with special events that happen at the home.
- Washington State Fair – The Washington State Fair is one of the largest fairs in the United States that attracts over one million people each year. Many of the local businesses plan the entire year for this event that runs seventeen days in September and four days in April. Make sure you check out this great event.
- Daffodil Festival Parade – Every year in Tacoma, Puyallup, Sumner, and Orting, the annual four-part Daffodil Parade brings the cities together in this float filled celebration. Many of the local schools and their marching bands, along with car clubs and other businesses take part in the yearly march. The floats are covered in daffodils or designed with the daffodil in mind. It’s a favorite amongst the residents.
- Antique District – It’s no surprise that the history and culture of Puyallup bring its myriad amounts of antique stores. The downtown shopping area still contains an old-fashioned charm that you can’t find in big cities.
- Paul H. Karshner Memorial Museum – Owned and operated by a school district, the Karshner Museum is the only K-12 teaching museum that provides education and curriculum-based program for the Puyallup school district. Each year, thousands of students experience the history, art and culture in their very own classroom.
- Arts Downtown Outdoor Gallery – If you’re an art lover, Puyallup is really the place for you. From glassblowing to outdoor public pieces, the area is home to many different art forms to spark your interest in the arts. The Arts Downtown Outdoor Gallery features over 32 permanent pieces with more being regularly added . It’s a true walk of the arts when you visit this wonderful area.
- Farmer’s Market – The local Farmer’s Market takes place every Saturday and Sunday from May to late October. Local farmers, growers, and craftsmen come together and sell the area’s best and freshest goods.
Besides the area’s attractions and local events, Puyallup is also known for their eateries. Take a look at the Top 10 restaurants in Pierce County. You don’t want to miss out on these great places, especially if you’re a foodie.
Buying Real Estate in Puyallup
Real estate in Puyallup ranges in type, size and price, giving you plenty of options when you’re ready to purchase your Pierce County home. With a median sales price of $248,001, Puyallup real estate is affordable while having conveniences of larger cities, such as having an excellent school system. Many of the schools in the Puyallup school district are favored by parents and come highly recommended. This is the perfect area to live and raise a family.
Currently, there are 574 resale and new construction homes on the market priced and ready to sell and if you’re looking for investment opportunities; there are approximately 441 homes in the pre-foreclosure or foreclosure. Whatever you’re looking for, I will be able to find the home that meets your requirements in size, location, price, and amenities.
If you’re ready to find your next Puyallup home, pick up the phone and contact me today. I can go over with you the different types of mortgages available and the current rates with the local lenders in our area. Once you’re pre-approved, we can get started on finding the perfect home for you and your family.
Ready to find your dream home?
We’re here to listen to what’s most important to you and deliver top of the line service, expertise and advice that’s custom fit for you.