Staging your home to sell is simply the act of sprucing up your home to get it ready to sell. Many people choose to stage their home themselves; however, many sellers see the benefits of working with a home staging professional. Staging your home properly can play a huge role in the offers you receive for your home, so it’s important to not overlook this critical step.
There are several tips and tricks you can you when staging your home to help it sell faster. Below are several tips for how to stage your home to sell:
- Get rid of clutter! This is, hands down, the most important thing you can do to get your home ready to sell
- Pay attention to the grouping of your furniture. Your rooms will feel bigger if you furnish your rooms by floating the furniture away from the walls. Reposition your couches and chairs into conversation friendly groupings.
- Play musical furniture. Feel free to let yourself move some things around, such as furniture, artwork, or other objects around the house. Sometimes, giving something a new and fresh space can make all the difference in the world.
- Transform your rooms. If you have any rooms that are just gathering junk, or aren’t serving a purpose, repurpose them. It doesn’t have to be anything drastic; sometimes, even just adding a piece of furniture or two can make a world of difference.
- Pay attention to the lighting. The difference the proper lighting can make in transforming a room is undeniable. Pay attention to the lighting in your rooms, and aim for a total of 100 watts for every 50 square feet in your room. Increase or decrease the wattage of your light bulbs, if necessary.
- Make your rooms feel bigger. One trick to making a room feel bigger is to paint it the same color as the adjacent room or rooms.
- Neutral and appealing. One of the key factors of how to stage your home to sell is to make sure that you home is as neutral as possible, having mass appeal. You never know who will end up purchasing your home, so it’s important to try to appeal to as many buyers as possible.
- Remove any items or photos from your home that are overly personal. If there are too many personal items of your family in the home, potential homebuyers can often have trouble imagining their family living in the home. Again, think mass appeal.
- Experiment with color. Don’t be afraid to try a bold, dark color on the walls. Homeowners often shy away from colors that are dark, thinking that it will make the room look and feel smaller. However, the opposite effect is often true – dark colors can make any room instantly feel more cozy, intimate, and inviting.
- Vary your wall hangings and decorations. Place and arrange your pictures and artwork in unexpected and creative ways on the walls. This allows potential buyers to look at your walls with a fresh set of eyes. Arranging your artwork in a stereotypical high line around the room can render your artwork and creativity almost invisible.
- As they say, three’s company. It’s important to mix the right accessories when staging the rooms in your home. When grouping or arranging accessories and decorations, keep in mind that odd numbers are always the most appealing. Scale is also surprisingly important, so vary the height and width of the objects. Start with the largest item in the back, and work to the smallest object in the front. Group accessories by common factor, such as color or texture.
Hire Someone to Stage Your Home
If you have any doubts about how to stage your home to sell, then I recommend that you consider working with a staging profession before selling your Pierce County Washington property. If you’re ready to search the available Pierce County real estate, then you have come to the right place. I am Vickie Jennings, and I am so glad that you are here! I aim to provide each of my clients with the highest level of personal service; in fact, it’s my #1 priority. I offer a complete range of services to my clients, and I am dedicated to providing only the highest level of quality services. I market and sell all sorts of real estate, including residential properties, condominiums, commercial properties, farms and ranches, land and acreage, as well as waterfront and vacation properties.
Feel free to browse through my website, to learn more about me and our area. Search through my current listings, and then give me a call. I look forward to connect you with a home that is perfect for you and your family!