Taking care of your home will not only help you feel better about your property, but it will also increase the value as well as make it easier to sell if you do decide to the eventually sell the home. If you are thinking about sprucing up your home without breaking the bank then you will be happy to know that there are several Inexpensive Ways to Improve Your Home.
- De-clutter: Cleaning out your home from items that have been saved up over the years is the first thing you can do to improve the appearance of your home. Throwing out items that you don’t use and organizing the rest of your belongings will make a huge difference and will also make your rooms seem more open and spacious.
- Clean: While routine cleaning is absolutely necessary, it’s also important to give your home a proper floor-to-ceiling scrub down and deep cleaning every now and then. Whether you tackle the job yourself or hire help, make sure to wash all the windows, clean under cabinets and appliances, reach into corners as well as dust every crevice in your home.
- Paint: You’d be surprised as to how uplifting a new paint job can be to a home. Whether you are painting the outside of your home, the inside, or both, a brand new paint job can easily make an older home appear brand new.
- Curb Appeal: The first things passerby’s see when they walk by your home is the outer appearance. Make sure that your grass is neat and luscious, that your flowers are blooming, that there aren’t broken stones or concrete and that the front yard isn’t cluttered with personal belongings or toys.
- Fix broken parts of the home: If you have broken windows, doors or other parts that need fixing make sure to do that. Not only will your house look a lot better, but it will also function efficiently.
- Replace old items and dress your house: Once you have cleaned, patched and painted your home it’s time to replace old and tired items such as stained shower curtains, torn and discolored comforters, faded curtains, toilet seats, doorknobs and any other easy to replace fixtures throughout your home.
Things to save on
Believe it or not, it is possible to spruce up your home without putting yourself in debt or draining your savings account. The best way to save money is to do the work yourself without hiring contractors. Just be smart about it – if you can fix something yourself then do so, but if you can’t it’s better to spend a little extra to get it done right the first time. Some Things to Save on include:
- Paint: You don’t have to buy extremely expensive paint. Also make sure to buy the right color the first time around. Ask your local home goods store for paint swatches or small samples so you can test out the color before you commit to it.
- Landscaping: While not everyone is born with a green thumb, it is fairly easy to mow your lawn, pull out weeds and water the greenery to keep it fresh. You can also purchase fully-grown flowers from your local nursery and all you have to do is dig a hole for them and arrange them nicely.
- Staging: In order to make your home feel nice and complete you can easily stage it with fresh flowers, unique artwork and various DIY décor.
Things to Splurge on
Some Things to Splurge on when fixing up your home are specific items that you can’t fix yourself. Unless you are an expert, you should hire professional help to fix electrical problems and plumbing issues. It’s also smart to switch out your old appliances for newer, energy efficient appliances. There are also various other upgrades that cost more such as completely re-doing kitchen cabinets, replacing the windows in your home and other projects that require time and money.
If you are interested in buying Pierce County Washington Real Estate then use the Property Search feature to help you find the perfect home by city, characteristics and price range. The search feature can also be of assistance to you if you are considering selling your home, because you can compare your property and see what similar homes are currently selling for. If you have any questions then don’t hesitate to give me a call, I would be more than happy to help you and answer all of your questions about the local real estate market.
Ready to find your dream home?
We’re here to listen to what’s most important to you and deliver top of the line service, expertise and advice that’s custom fit for you.